You don’t necessarily have to want to teach yoga to embark on a Yoga Teacher Training program. Many people sign up for Yoga Teacher Training for different reasons: to get really good at yoga, to “deepen their practice” or to explore yoga philosophy and history.
Radiance Yoga’s Flow Teacher Training is taught by our senior teachers along with guest teachers in anatomy, yoga philosophy and ayurveda in our comprehensive 200-hour training. In this training you will gain a strong foundation to teach flow yoga from your heart.
In an experiential and supportive environment, you will discover your unique teaching style and voice. In addition to learning the lifecycle of a flow class, the training also includes modules on yin, restorative, prenatal and teaching beginners. Whether your intention is to teach yoga or deepen your personal practice, this training will provide you with a heart-centered and transformational experience.
• Yoga Philosophy (Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita)
• Yoga Asana, Techniques and Teaching Methodology
• Sequencing a Flow Class
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Pranayama and Meditation
Early registration: $2750 if paid in full by August 15th
Regular price: $2900 paid in 4 payments of $725
• Teacher Training Sessions
• Teacher Training Manual
• Unlimited Yoga classes at Radiance
• Practice Teaching and Assists
• Teaching Beginners
• Ayurveda and Yogic Lifestyle
• Yin, Prenatal and Restorative Yoga Modules
• Business and Ethics of Yoga Teaching
There is no doubt that attending a Teacher Training is a significant financial and time commitment and one that should be taken seriously. So whether you become a teacher at the end of it or not you will retain the fantastic residual learning from your time in training that will last you for your whole life. Your practice will soar, your life may take a firmer shape and you may come back feeling great in your own skin; and what a great return on investment that can be!
Yoga teachers range from the celebrity to the non-practicing, and all share the experience of yoga teacher training (YTT). If you have thought about a yoga teacher training before, here are some reasons it’s time to take the leap:
- Challenge yourself mentally and physically Yoga teacher training will help you achieve or get closer to your goals in yoga, whether it be in your physical, mental or spiritual practice. Not sure where you’re going in your practice? That’s okay! It is common for students to develop goals during the initial stages of training, after being exposed to some of the basic principles of a yoga practice. Throughout our program, workshops will focus on different areas–from physical asana practice, breath-work and anatomy, to meditation and the yoga lifestyle, to the study of yoga philosophy and the business and ethics of yoga – so you can choose where would like to refine your skills. Breakthroughs ranging from having that “aha” moment while learning proper alignment in a pose, to getting closer to a state of blissful meditation, or “Samadhi,” cultivate a deep sense of physical and emotional growth.
- Learn new skills Whether you are just interested in learning more about yoga for your own practice and interest, or want to become self-employed, earning your RYT is something to add to the long list of things you are skilled at. Once you have completed your training you will officially be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) and access tips for becoming a yoga teacher, earning additional training hours and lots other useful yoga information! Becoming a yoga teacher offers the freedom of self employment as well as the flexibility of teaching both locally and internationally.
- Find your yoga family If there is one underrated benefit of YTT programs, it is the yoga family you will stay connected to years after your last savasana. Being around a supportive group of like-minded people creates a space where you feel comfortable opening up and digging deeper into self-expression. While delving deep into your own spiritual and physical practice, you are also supporting the journey of those around you and creating a valuable support network. Upon your completion of training your yoga family will expand as you embrace your students, teachers, and community.
- Explore your spirituality Many people who deepen their yoga practice through teacher training leave with a spiritual practice rooted in the understanding that we as people are all very connected even if we share different beliefs. Yoga serves to help quiet the mind and attune to our true selves. This awareness provides the means to live a more conscious lifestyle and focus on what matters most. While YTT is a very communal practice, one of the greatest benefits of the program is the self-discovery and time to reflect as you approach life with a heightened sense of awareness.
- Gain Confidence Practice teaching to groups of individuals is a great way to improve your presentation and public speaking skills. It is a major self-esteem builder to be able to effectively guide a group of people towards a common goal.
- Discover YOU Yoga teacher training is a very personal experience. While you do learn in a group environment, yoga is really about the inner journey. Through regular asana practice and meditation, you will spend time developing a greater sense of self-awareness and finding connections between your own mind, body and breath.
- Become a teacher As if this wasn’t obvious enough. Once you have completed your YTT you will be a teacher! Use this power to develop your own unique teaching style that is authentic and mindful.
Now you have lots of reasons to take a yoga teacher training!
For the busy yogi we offer a weekend based program spanning over six months. This program is perfect for those who can’t dedicate weekdays to learning and will allow provide more opportunities for you to connect with your classmates outside of class time. If you’re still not convinced read some of the testimonials below from our last teacher training program!
“The Flow Teacher Training at Radiance Yoga was a wonderful experience for me. As a long time yoga practitioner, I had considered doing a teacher training program for years and I’m so glad I chose the Radiance program. I found it comprehensive, insightful and practical as we were given many hands on opportunities to practice the skills we learned at each session. I left the program feeling fully prepared to step into the studio and teach students and have enjoyed doing so since my graduation. A big thanks to my wonderful teacher trainers who led me through a fulfilling experience!” Jamie
“In 2013 I decided to take the Radiance Yoga 200 Hour Flow Teacher Training, with the intention of deepening my personal practice. During the training I grew both on and off my mat and I started to feel the pull to teach – wanting to be able to share the healing powers of yoga with others. During the six months of training, the instructors were supportive and created a safe space to learn, grow and explore. We were encouraged to find our own unique voice, both with sequencing and communicating. From the first weekend we began our journey, we were encouraged to step off our mats to teach. I am forever grateful for this skill! Being comfortable to teach off my mat allows me to be able to be fully present for my current students. Upon completion of the training I was fortunate enough to teach weekly classes at Radiance Yoga. The community at the studio was warm and welcoming, which made being a student and instructor there all the more humbling. I have since moved out of the area and continue to teach and am grateful that I had my 200 hour training with Radiance Yoga. I highly recommend this program to any of you looking to either deepen your practice or to teach!” Melissa
“The breadth and depth of the presentations, as well as the obvious advance preparation of the instructors. They took teaching very seriously which caused the students to do the same. Jodi and Michelle make a great team and their love of what they do is obvious and infectious. Their closing ceremony was very sweet. I have an even greater respect now for every yoga teacher I have ever had. The books were all good. I really enjoyed the camaraderie and getting to know the other students. We were truly blessed with the people in our group, both students and teachers.” Al
“Teacher Training gave me an opportunity to deepen and explore my own yoga practice. The training transformed my practice and helped me uncover a sense of confidence and contentment in myself that I never had before. In addition, our mentors gave us the training and space to help each of us find our own unique teaching style and voice while honoring the traditions and foundations of a flow practice. I graduated from the program prepared teach many different styles of flow yoga to many different types of students.” Laura