At Radiance Yoga, the health and safety of our students and teachers are always our priority. We know there are growing concerns around coronavirus and along with you, are closely following the CDC and World Health Organization for updates. Following our email on March 4, we are sending you this update to let you know what we are doing at the studio in addition to providing some helpful links and tips.
The Centers for Disease Control has an extensive website with a wide range of information about the virus and the Fairfax County Coronavirus Disease website has local information plus links to a variety of resources.
We are currently open and offering all of our daily classes. Our usual daily standard operating procedures are already all-encompassing, however, given the current situation, we are increasing the frequency of our professional cleaning services as well as the in-studio sanitization processes performed by our front desk team. As such, we are doing the following:
- Stocked up on cleaning products and disinfectants, and are cleaning all highly used surfaces throughout the day – floors, doorknobs, light switches, iPads, handrails, etc
- Placed anti-bacterial wipes and hand sanitizers throughout the studio and in classrooms
- Placed trash bins in each classroom for used wipes AND used tissues.
- Asked our teachers not to provide hands-on-assists, and have reminded them of the importance of disinfecting their hands by washing before and after each class
- Ask that if you have a cold, fever, or any other symptom, or have been exposed to the virus please stay home. Our staff and teachers will do the same
- Limited class and workshop sizes to 23 students in Sun, 20 students in Lotus and 12 students in Moon. Please sign up online to ensure your spot. If you cannot make it to class for any reason, please remove yourself from the sign-up list to give other students the opportunity to attend
- Discontinued mat rentals and have removed all props from the classroom, with the exception of blocks
- Working on offering video classes for members that would like the option to practice from home
Please join our intentional efforts to stay vigilant and to provide a clean and sanitary space by:
- As much as possible, avoid touching your face
- Washing your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Bringing your own mat and props to class – we are offering 25% off all mats, blankets, blocks, and straps in our boutique from now until Friday, March 20
- If using blocks to support your practice, wipe down all surfaces with the cleaner provided
- Coughing or sneezing into a tissue and then throw it away. Do not use your hands
- Getting plenty of sleep, drink fluids, and eat nutritious food
- Remaining calm, breathing and continuing your yoga practice, whether in the studio or at home, to keep your body moving and to reduce stress
We care about you and our team and want to do our part to work together in keeping our community healthy and safe. If anything changes, please trust we will be in communication with you and take the necessary steps to ensure the safety of the studio space.