Savor the echos of the festivities in a quiet and nourishing way.
The hustle and bustle of the holidays are behind you. Take a deep breath in and a big sigh out, then allow a gentle smile to grace your face.
Suggestions on how to RESTORE and REPLENISH post holiday…
- ~Create your own spa experience at home~
Practice this relaxing breathing pattern: Breathe through the nose- Inhale for five counts (1-2-3-4-5), retain for four counts and exhale for five counts. Repeat this three times. Feel the instantaneous calming effects.
- Rub sesame or coconut oil on your body. (Do long strokes on the long bones and circles on the joint. Massage from the clavicle bone to the soles of the feet for a grounding effect.) You can add a few drops of lavender essential oil for mega tranquility.
- Take a warm shower.
- Put on a cozy robe or loose cotton clothing. Get comfy.
- Make a cup of golden milk or chamomile tea.
- Crawl into your favorite seat and read an uplifting book, make a list of things you’re grateful for or do a guided meditation from “insight timer”, a free smart phone application that offers a variety of spirit soothing meditations.
Golden Milk is a natural anti-inflammatory, probiotic that offers instant calming effects. It’s made from turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg. Tastes just like Christmas! Available for purchase in the boutique.