We’re partnering with FitGrid (a fitness technology company) and Zoom (an online live-streaming service) to live-stream your favorite classes so that you can stay active and connected during this uncertain time.
Here’s how it works:
1. Sign into your MindBody account and ensure that your email address is correct, and that you’ve opted in to receive emails from us.
2. Set your email account so that messages from “firstname.lastname@example.org” always arrive in your inbox, and are never marked as spam. Here’s a guide for how to do this in Gmail.
3. View our class schedule online the same way you always do.
4. Sign up for any class with “LiveStream” in the name and check out normally. You’ll receive a confirmation email from FitGrid soon after.
5. Once you’re within 60 minutes of the class’ scheduled start time, you’ll receive another email from FitGrid with a unique link to access the live stream. Not seeing the email? Search your spam and promotions folders. Look for subject lines containing the phrase “live-stream link”.
6. Please make sure that the email address you have on your MindBody profile is correct – this is where your class confirmation and link will be sent.
7. Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection–otherwise, the stream may skip!
8. Click your unique link a few minutes before class is scheduled to start.
9. If you have the Zoom application on your device already, you’ll join immediately. If you do not have the Zoom application on your device, you’ll be prompted to download it.
That’s all there is to it! Thank you for keeping up with your practice and being a part of our community. Looking forward to seeing you in (virtual) class!
I’ve never used Zoom before, what do I do?
First, if using a computer, you’ll be using Zoom via your browser, Chrome seems to work quite well or download to your computer. Here is a useful Zoom tutorial to help you get started with Zoom
Click on the zoom link in the email that will be sent to you for your class from FitGrid LIVE( email@example.com) add this email to your contacts/primary email tab. Once you hit the link in the email, then click “open.zoom.us” when it asks to connect to computer audio or internet audio hit yes, otherwise you won’t hear the class. If it’s not loading, look at the bottom of the screen where it says “click here to connect” if the browser isn’t loading. Once in the meeting, connect your video and audio. The default option is for your audio muted and your video turned off. It is optional whether you want your video turned on, but you do want video enabled so you can see the instructor. If for any reason other students become the main image you see, click on your teacher’s image and select ‘Pin Video.’
What is the difference between FitGrid and Zoom?
FitGrid is a service we are using that links our MindBodyOnline account to our Zoom account. This automates the emails YOU get as a student for joining the LiveStream class. You do not need to have a FitGrid account or app to join the classes from the email that they send.
What should I do if my internet connection isn’t working well?
If your internet connection slows down during class, try turning off your video camera so you can still see the class, but the teacher and other people in class can’t see you. This helps decrease the load on your wifi connection.
What is the best browser to use for LiveStream classes?
Zoom works best when using the Chrome web browser if you are using your laptop.
I am trying to get into the class, but it appears the teacher hasn’t started class yet or perhaps the class isn’t happening at all, what’s wrong?
Teachers will start the class at the scheduled start time. Participants cannot join the meeting until the teacher starts the meeting. If it is past the scheduled start time and no meeting/class has been started, please keep an eye on your email for additional information regarding the class. In the event that we are experiencing technical challenges with hosting the LiveStream class, we will send you an email with details about what is happening.
Something went wrong during class! Either I can no longer see or hear the teacher, or the class meeting was completely ended. What should I do?
Try to troubleshoot your own settings or leave the meeting and try re-entering using your same emailed link.
What happens if my class feed sudddenly stops?
It’s rare that this happens, but if it does, stay in the virtual classroom and the feed should resume once the problem is navigated by the teacher.
Can you help me with technical issues?
We will help as much as we can, but we are not technicians. Be sure to play with your free Zoom account before your first class to get used to the format. We won’t be able to stop class to help you if you are having trouble. If you have had a difficult experience with your virtual class, please email us.
Can I share my link
Though we love to share, each link is customized for single use, and will only work with one user.
Will there be music in classes?
Some classes will have music playing in the background, however we keep the music low so you can clearly hear the instructor. If you prefer to play music from home feel free to play your own or access our playlists by following RadianceYogaVA on Spotify
Can I ask questions during class?
During the class, each student will be on mute so that you can hear just the instructor. There will be time at the end of each class to ask questions and connect with other students.
Please know that we are just as new to this world of livestreaming classes as you are! There will be technical hiccups, teacher blunders and gaffes! Please be patient with us as we navigate through this. We are all in this together, so let’s make it fun and laugh at our mistakes and applaud our accomplishments!