At Radiance Yoga, we provide a safe, calm and supportive environment for expectant mothers, new mothers and couples through prenatal yoga classes and postpartum and baby classes. Our certified and experienced teachers guide you along the way with tools to feel physically, mentally and emotionally better throughout and after pregnancy.
Our prenatal class is designed and structured for women at all stages of pregnancy. You will be safely guided through these classes by certified prenatal instructors, in a comfortable space. Learn specific yoga poses, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques that can strengthen you mentally, physically and emotionally for the birth of your baby.
Prenatal classes are a great way to meet other pregnant women and feel a sense of community in a supportive environment.
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga:
• Reduces stress and anxiety
• Increases strength, flexibility and mental focus
• Enhances your ability to relax and enjoy your pregnancy
• Helps to alleviate common discomforts such as swelling, back pain and sciatica
• Improves circulation and increases overall comfort
• Improves sleep
Postpartum and Baby yoga is a great way to support the body’s recovery after birth. This series will offer postures, breathing techniques, and meditation for a practice that supports healing, relaxation, and toning. Mothers can bring their babies for an experience that incorporates yoga and bonding with the baby. These classes are a wonderful way to connect with other new mothers in a supportive and healthy environment.
Postpartum and Baby Yoga classes are appropriate for women from about four to six weeks postpartum up until about six months, or when the baby begins to crawl.
Benefits of Postpartum Yoga:
• Strengthens the back, abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
• Releases tension in the shoulders and neck
• Helps to improve posture
• Decreases overall stress and promotes relaxation
• Provides and opportunity to connect with other mothers
• Creates a safe environment to bond with your baby
In addition to our prenatal and postpartum classes, other classes such as Gentle Yoga, Beginner Flow and Yoga Nidra are great options – just let the teacher know that you are pregnant so that they can offer you modifications.